This scalable library defines a complete reports/documents system for php-mySQL applications.
- Based on templates created using OpenOffice (.odt files)
- Templates can be of any size (A4, A3...) and multipage.
- On templates this system can do:
* Simple substitution based on couples #field#/value.
* Blocks and nested blocks duplication (any deep) or deletion.
* Pictures substitution.
- The HTML User Inteface is build by System and can be easy added at an existing php application. Add 2 lines ( see odtReportSQL-test.php)
* <?php include('odtReportSQL.php'); ?>
* <?php echo getReportMenu('this_page'); ?>
- This system is DB driven, using 2 tables to define all templates substitutions and UI
* odtphp.php defines template substitution engine
* odtphpsql.php adds substitution queries definitions in DB
* odtReportSQL.php adds an UI defined in DB
- Any document as an URL definition.
- To add a new document is only required to make the new template and to update the DB.
- The resulting documents can be open using OpenOffice and saved in almost any format.
This system was developped to be used with a school examinations management software, with more than 25 different documents (letters, certificates, ufficial records, grade tables, notices...) from 1 to 68 pages.
![demo template](./demo/img/2017-04-20.075902.shot.png)![demo document](./demo/img/2017-04-20.080141.shot.png)
- More translations (files language_xx.php).
- More DB Interfaces (file commonSQL.php)