PHP Classes

Weird Search Results

Recommend this page to a friend!

IMDB Search  >  All threads  >  Weird Search Results  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Weird Search Results
Summary:Getting weird search results
Author:Rik
Date:2009-06-03 14:28:50
Update:2009-06-03 14:36:20

1. Weird Search Results   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rik Rik - 2009-06-03 14:28:51
Hi all,

First of all, i'm pretty new at coding php and come across the following problem.
I am using this class with a search form on a project i'm working on, but i'm getting somme pretty odd search results.
For example: When searching for "Rush Hour"(without the quotes offcourse) i get only 1 result which is "Subway Sadie". This is obviously not the result i'm looking for. I tried the example php page but it shows the same result. Does it work for you guys, is there a fault in the class that needs to be fixed?

Greetz,
Rik

2. Re: Weird Search Results   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Rik Rik - 2009-06-03 14:36:20 - In reply to message 1 from Rik
Hi again,

I figured out that the search result is in fact a good result, i did a search in my browser for rush hour like so: http://www.imdb.com/find?q=rush hour

The result "Subway Sadie" as you can see is in fact good, but there are a lot more results. So i think it does not display popular titles for some reason.

But when i search for "Terminator" in my project's search form it display The Terminator, then a couple of other results and at the bottom of the list Terminator 2 and Terminator 3.

Again i'm still wondering what's wrong. I need some help with this, and hope you guys can help.

Greetz,
Rik