PHP Classes

Getting error "Invalid username/password"

Recommend this page to a friend!

My Twitter  >  All threads  >  Getting error "Invalid...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Getting error "Invalid...
Summary:I am getting error "Invalid username/password"
Author:hitul
Date:2010-10-25 11:10:43
Update:2011-01-17 22:07:31

1. Getting error "Invalid...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of hitul hitul - 2010-10-25 11:10:43
Hello,
I am getting error "Invalid username/password" when executing example.php with my twitter username & password even if both are correct. I checked with another account too and I got the same error. What I should do in this case? Please help me. Thanks in advance.

2. Re: Getting error "Invalid...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Jorge Naula Jorge Naula - 2010-11-09 00:27:03 - In reply to message 1 from hitul
i have the same problem.
Anybody has an answer??

3. Re: Getting error "Invalid...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Graham Kendall Graham Kendall - 2011-01-04 21:14:02 - In reply to message 2 from Jorge Naula
Yep - same problem - and my username/password is correct.

Looking through the class, it is generating an HTTP 401 (and calling Error(4)), but I don't know why.

Anybody else have this problem and resolved it.

I even tried doing the call from different directories/folders, but still the same.

4. Re: Getting error "Invalid...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Chris Pollard Chris Pollard - 2011-01-17 21:49:30 - In reply to message 3 from Graham Kendall
Same issue here. Actually, same issue trying multiple scripts for PHP-based updates. I'm wondering if it isn't something Twitter has done to the API since these were written.

5. Re: Getting error "Invalid...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Graham Kendall Graham Kendall - 2011-01-17 22:07:32 - In reply to message 4 from Chris Pollard
Yes, you are right (something to do with OAuth!!).

I have found another way of doing it. Take a look at

graham-kendall.com/blog/?p=103/

where I wrote a blog on it. Wwell, a way to tweet with PHP, which is running as we speak.