PHP Classes

It is very handy to have the ability to synchronize your data...

Recommend this page to a friend!

Synchronize DB  >  All threads  >  It is very handy to have the ability...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:It is very handy to have the ability...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Versus
Date:2008-10-06 15:09:41
Update:2008-10-29 17:49:16

Versus rated this package as follows:

Utility: Insufficient
Consistency: Sufficient
Examples: Sufficient

1. It is very handy to have the ability...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Versus Versus - 2008-10-06 15:09:41
It is very handy to have the ability to synchronize your data base, but unfortunately these days a data base is not just tables... it's also views, functions, triggers and more. So this class can be Table Sync but never data base sync. And no i don't think that it deserves innovation reward.

2. Re: It is very handy to have the ability...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Axelals Axelals - 2008-10-29 12:37:58 - In reply to message 1 from Versus
functions, triggers and more in MySQL?????

I'm looking for that!

;)))

3. Re: It is very handy to have the ability...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Versus Versus - 2008-10-29 16:13:44 - In reply to message 2 from Axelals
I don't want to be rude, so i'll just send you some links FYI:

dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/cre ...

If you are to create a database synchronizer, at least have a look at the manual for the relevant database before doing it.

Thanks,

Versus

4. Re: It is very handy to have the ability...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Axelals Axelals - 2008-10-29 17:21:04 - In reply to message 3 from Versus

No please, do not need to be rude, I am here to learn.

I simply note that the class is written for MySql v.4 and I don't think that there are triggers and views for this version, .
I knew that these are new features of version 5

if I'm wrong you can correct me

tank's

Axel

5. Re: It is very handy to have the ability...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Versus Versus - 2008-10-29 17:49:16 - In reply to message 4 from Axelals
Well maybe it is my mistake but i can't find where it's noted that the class is for MySQL 4, i can see that it requires PHP 4 but nothing for the version of the MySQL.
However, since MySQL are no longer supporting Mysql servers 3.23, 4.0, 4.1 i thing i just assumed that this class is for version 5.

Keep learning :)

Vers