PHP Classes

Why reinvent the wheel

Recommend this page to a friend!

Cell CAPTCHA  >  All threads  >  Why reinvent the wheel  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Why reinvent the wheel
Summary:Why reinvent the wheel, there is a ready-the perfect solution
Author:SAV1111
Date:2009-04-18 05:18:00
Update:2009-04-18 21:15:26

1. Why reinvent the wheel   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of SAV1111 SAV1111 - 2009-04-18 05:18:00
Why reinvent the wheel, there is a ready-the perfect solution
captcha.ru/en/kcaptcha/

2. Re: Why reinvent the wheel   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Kevin Mat Kevin Mat - 2009-04-18 05:41:58 - In reply to message 1 from SAV1111
For the same reason that you do not eat the same exact food everyday. For the same reason you do not wear the same shirt and pants everyday. For the same reason you do not speak the same words everyday. For the same reason you do not look exactly like your next door neighbor or your boss at work. For the same reason the house on one block do not look like every other house in the U.S. For the same reason the knowledge I have is different for the knowledge you have. For the same reason that my ideas are different for yours. For the same reason the presidential candidates have debates. For the same reason every web page on the net looks different from any other web page. For the same reason one day in your life is different from any other day of your life. I could beat this drum all day long but I'd rather do something different. Your question is flawed as well as your POV. If you do not like it, fine. No one is forcing you to use it; but find somewhere else to hate.

3. Re: Why reinvent the wheel   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of SAV1111 SAV1111 - 2009-04-18 17:19:24 - In reply to message 2 from Kevin Mat
Decent answer. Sorry, I should ask so
- Do you plan to make the recognition-protected images?
(http://www.captcha.ru/en/articles/visual/ for explain)

4. Re: Why reinvent the wheel   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Kevin Mat Kevin Mat - 2009-04-18 21:15:26 - In reply to message 3 from SAV1111
Well, actually, the description of my class was modified from what I had originally put down and it was incorrect. My captcha class does not produce an image at all. It may look like an image but it doesn't produce an image. If I was going to do an image captcha, there are tons of those already. My captcha actually uses an html table and fills in the squares (table td cells) to produce characters, letters that may look like an image, but it is not. It's basically filling in a grid to draw a picture. If you look at my code, you will see. Download it, run the example, view the source. It's all done with table td cells and background color.