PHP Classes

The resulting img-tag does provide HTML5 incompatible width-,...

Recommend this page to a friend!

HTML Image Tag  >  All threads  >  The resulting img-tag does provide...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:The resulting img-tag does provide...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Matthias Kaschubowski
Date:2016-04-24 13:50:04

Matthias Kaschubowski rated this package as follows:

Utility: Sufficient
Consistency: Insufficient
Documentation: Sufficient
Examples: Sufficient

1. The resulting img-tag does provide...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Matthias Kaschubowski Matthias Kaschubowski - 2016-04-24 13:50:04
The resulting img-tag does provide HTML5 incompatible width-, height-, align- and border-attributes.

XML-based meta documentation is kind of unreadable. I recommend to use PHPDoc-Format.

2. Re: The resulting img-tag does provide...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2016-04-24 20:26:29 - In reply to message 1 from Matthias Kaschubowski
The class does not claim to be HTML5 compatible, although it is not hard to make it so.

The XML markup in the comments are not meant for humans that want to read documentation. It is a method of defining documentation inline that is used by a separate tool to extract and generate the HTML documentation for humans that comes with the package.

This XML format was defined many years ago before PHPDoc and it is a bit more powerful because it supports things like link tags that allow you to write documentation of functions, variables and others that refer to each other. See the example HTML documentation output.

3. Re: The resulting img-tag does provide...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Matthias Kaschubowski Matthias Kaschubowski - 2016-04-24 21:58:12 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
PHPdocs does support this as well.

We live in the HTML5 age, time to update.

4. Re: The resulting img-tag does provide...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2016-04-24 22:48:59 - In reply to message 3 from Matthias Kaschubowski
I did not find anything specific that PHPDoc does like this format does but maybe I am not aware of everything.

My point is that this was created many years before PHPDoc and serves its purpose to generate human readable documentation.

As for HTML5 I agree, I will put it on my to do list. Thanks for the comment.